HUNTING IS PART OF ARIZONA’S CULTURE
- 269,000 people hunt in Arizona each year.
- 2.6 million days are spent hunting in Arizona each year.
HUNTING SUPPORTS ARIZONA’S ECONOMY
- Hunters support over 5,700 jobs in Arizona.
- Annual spending by Arizona hunters is $342 million.
- Hunting generates $208 million in salaries and wages.
- Each Arizona hunter spends an average of $1,200 per year on trip-related expenses and gear.
HUNTING IS A KEY SOURCE OF TAX REVENUE
- Arizona hunters annually generate $42.4 million in taxes for the state of Arizona.
- Arizona hunters annually pay $46.8 million in federal taxes.
ARIZONA HUNTING: THE BOTTOM LINE
- Hunting has a $592 million ripple effect on the state economy.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- America’s Hunting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation)
- Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (Southwick Associates. Produced for the National Shooting Sports Foundation in partnership with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies)